A new Gamilaraay Yuwaalaraay language resource is available for download.
Gayarragi, Winangali is an interactive multimedia resource for Gamilaraay and Yuwaalaraay, languages of northern New South Wales, Australia. It is a resource for language learners at all levels, and for anyone interested in the Gamilaraay and Yuwaalaraay languages. It contains extensive language material, including audio. The main features are:
- a searchable Gamilaraay Yuwaalaraay Dictionary with over 2,600 entries, all including audio
- 957 spoken sentences from traditional speakers, all transcribed, and hyperlinked to the dictionary
- 30 songs and 14 stories, all transcribed, and hyperlinked to the dictionary
- games, including crosswords and memory/matching games
- other language resources as pdf and text files
It was produced as a CD-ROM but is also available by download (about 200MB, Win XP/Vista), and is free for individuals and Gamilaraay Yuwaalaraay organisations.